Friday, April 11, 2008

Still Researching...

Okay, so I know I haven't created anything lately but I feel like I have a grasp on the basics of Photoshop Elements 6.0

Yay me! (as London Tipton would say--I have a six-year-old so of course we keep up with the Disney Channel, but if you don't understand this, it's okay.)

I'm still doing some research and learning as much as I can. I recently purchased Computer Tricks for Scrapbooking 2 by Jessica Sprague and I have to say that I love her teaching style. The book-a-zine (as they are called) is packed with tons of 3-step simple tutorials on how to do things like:

  • Blend a photo into digital paper.
  • Rotate the letters of a title to fit around a circular shape.
  • Place a semi-transparent punched embellishment over a photo.
  • Customize the colors of digital patterned paper.
  • Use a digital corner rounder.
  • Create a custom brush from any image (including stamps!)
  • Create a shaped photo collage.
  • Overlap photo edges with digital patterned paper and digital rub-ons.
  • Create a layout using a digital template.
  • and much more!!!

The first challenge I want to tackle is to create a layout using a digital template. I've seen lots of these I like. The hardest part of scrapbooking for me is coming up with a creative basic layout with which to start. I never have a problem choosing colors, paper, or embellishments but I think using these templates as a springboard will help me be happier with what I have created and create faster.

Thanks Jessica for such a great book!

No comments: